The start of the day is always important. It drives the mood of the entire day. Pleasant wakeup calls and the subsequent activities, not just rejuvenate the body but the alleviates the mood too. One such activity is the walking walk. A leisure activity that has myriad ramifications, a walking walk is one of the most popular forms of exercise. There is a large community of individuals who swear by their morning walks. Morning walkers also end up forming friendship associations with strangers. This is one of the greatest aspects of the morning walk.
Let us look at the few benefits of the morning walk.
- Acts as a stretching exercise after an entire night of sleep. When we wake up in the morning, the body would need some stretching up. It is still rusty and the muscles need to get fired up to become flexible again. A walk in the morning is an ideal way to get the adrenaline going.
- It acts as a stimulant for the heart and the lungs. Walking is a perfect cardiovascular exercise that influences both the organs. It improves cardiac performance and because it is a mobile exercise, it expands the lungs. As a result of this, there is an increase in stamina and endurance.
- Morning walks work wonders for the metabolism. It influences gut movement and improves bowel movement.
- One of the greatest effects of walking in the control it has over body fat. Because of the movement, the body undergoes while walking, there is a definite reduction of body fat. As a result of this, numerous conditions like hypertension, blood sugar, blood pressure, and cholesterol are kept in control.
- The morning walk will help you make your own mood right. There is an increased secretion of serotonin which is known as the stress buster. Walking is a known therapy against depression and is a remarkable stress buster.
- One of the salient features of the morning walk that is greatly overlooked is the sense of camaraderie that is formed. People of all ages tend to form groups and there is a sense of bonhomie that is created. The mind often revels in the idea of a team and during morning walks. A great many teams and groups are formed. Friendship has its own effect on the human mind. It surely improves cognitive abilities.
However, like all physical activities, walking too has its own set of precautions:
Know your limit. Never overdo. Also, if you have a medical condition, please take the advice of your medical practitioner before embarking on such a regime
Get yourself a pair of comfortable shoes. Walking puts pressure on the ankles and the muscles surrounding it. So to prevent injuries a comfortable pair of sneakers which is both rugged and breathable is necessary.