Health and fitness are two of the most important aspects of anyone’s life. But first, we need to understand what each of these two terms means.
We always tend to see health from the perspective of disease. However, it is the state of the overall well-being of the individual.
“Health is a state of an overall physical, mental, and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease.”-World Health Organization (WHO)
The term healthy is derived from this term. Anything positive or good that is referred to about health can be called healthy. Hence, a healthy lifestyle combined with healthy food habits will always keep in check.
The condition of being physically fit and healthy is defined as fitness.
Hence, it was proved that there is a direct link between health and fitness. One has to be fit to be healthy and vice versa. This cycle can also be termed as the lifestyle cycle if both health and fitness are incorporated within its framework.
With growing competition and mad participation in the rat race for economic success, individuals have overlooked the most important asset. We forget that without a fit body, nothing else can take place.
Let us take a quick tour and see what all the ways one can keep oneself fit, without investing much time and money.
One of the most effective ways to keep the heart and lungs functioning well is walking. Here are some benefits of walking:
- A proper cardiovascular exercise like walking helps the lungs to expand and the heart to pump well.
- Help reduce body fat, which in turn, will help the body to control cholesterol, blood pressure, and blood sugar.
- Walking helps the body to become more flexible.
- Due to the friction in the bone joints, walking prevents old age diseases like osteoporosis, arthritis, et al.
- It also alleviates stress and calms the mind.
Similar to walking but is more strenuous. Here are some benefits of jogging:
- Increases the stamina of the individual
- Walking is a great cardiovascular exercise
- Improves muscular-skeletal health
- Alleviates stress and calms the body down
- Keeps a check on the overall body fat mass and helps prevent high blood sugar and blood sugar
More effective than both running and walking, swimming is a must for fitness practitioners. It provides an overall work out and is considered as a low impact high return endeavor.
Benefits of swimming are similar to walking and running or jogging:
- Increases stamina
- Keeps the heart and the lungs in good health
- Improves the balance of the body
- Keeps the muscles tones and strengthens the core
Swimming is a great way to reduce overall body fat and help prevent the rise of cholesterol, blood pressure, and blood sugar.
These are some of the most effective ways to keep one’s health fit as a fiddle.